Stay in touch with family and friends with Ucom Roaming, during your business trips or vacations. While being abroad you can enjoy all your Ucom services: make and receive calls, send and receive SMSes and use mobile internet.
With Ucom you will be able to benefit from from a special fee of 250 AMD for all services in a set of European countries, Georgia, USA, Canada, Egypt, Israel and Australia. It is just needed to connect to the corresponding network operators in the mentioned countries.
Mobile internet charging in roaming is calculated per 10 kilobytes. For example, if you used mobile internet service in roaming, during which you consumed 22 kilobytes, you will be charged for 30 kilobytes.
By the way, right upon arrival to the country you will be notified with an SMS about the tariffs of a given operator in a given country.
In order to use your Ucom phone number when in roaming, simply activate the Roaming service before your departure from Armenia. Ucom subscribers can activate and deactivate Roaming service by dialing *121# and hitting the call button free of charge and following the instructions on mobile.
Tips for Roaming
When travelling abroad your phone should automatically connect to a local network. If it doesn’t, then:
- First, try to switch off your phone and switch it on again.
- If it still does not connect to any network try the following steps:
- In your phone menu find network settings, select automatic mode for operator selection.
- In your phone menu select Ucom icon, press Roaming, enter PIN 55555, then press manual mode, select roaming and press OK.
- In case there is no network selected, go to the Network Settings, select Operator Selection and select Manual M You will see the list of available networks on your screen. Select one network and try to connect to it.
Please note, that the charges for the MOBILE INTERNET service while being in roaming you can see in your bill itemization, where the charge unit is “unit”. If in a field of the unit you see “1” it means, that you were charged for 10 Kb.
You can easily recharge your account or make any other periodical payment being abroad. It can be done either with Ucom scratch cards or by other means. See the details here.
While being in roaming, in case of need, you may always talk to our Customer Care by dialing 011 444 444 free number or using our online help service.
We wish to inform you that the calls made to 011 444 444 phone number and received from the Customer Care Service are free of charge when in roaming.